Detection, enumeration and identification of Campylobacter
The EURL prepares protocols and instructions to guide laboratories in laboratory procedures. Please find a selection below.
- Enumeration, flow chart (pdf)
- Instruction: Microscopy of Campylobacter (film, opens in new window)
- Preparation of caecum samples
- Protocol for isolation, identification and storage of Campylobacter jejuni and/or Campylobacter coli for AMR monitoring
- Protocol for identification of C. jejuni, C. coli and C. lari by gel-based PCR
- Protocol for identification of C. jejuni, C. coli and C. lari by real-time PCR
The Working Group on Measurement Uncertainty includes the EURLs for Campylobacter, Coagulase Positive Staphylococci and Listeria monocytogenes. Please find more information and documents generated by the Working Group here
Next Generation Sequencing
The Inter-EURLs Working Group on Next Generation Sequencing includes all the EURLs operating in the field of the microbiological contamination of food and feed and has been established by the European Commission. Please find more information and documents generated by the Working Group here
The EURL follows and take part in standardisation activities organised under CEN/TC 463 – Microbiology of the food chain and ISO/TC 34/SC 9 – Food products/Microbiology.
All standards are accessible from following website: https://www.iso.org/home.html.