Detection, enumeration and identification of Campylobacter
The EURL prepares protocols and instructions to guide laboratories in laboratory procedures. Please find a selection below.
- Enumeration, flow chart (pdf)
- Instruction: Microscopy of Campylobacter (film, opens in new window)
- Preparation of caecum samples
- Protocol for isolation, identification and storage of Campylobacter jejuni and/or Campylobacter coli for AMR monitoring
- Protocol for identification of C. jejuni, C. coli and C. lari by gel-based PCR
- Protocol for identification of C. jejuni, C. coli and C. lari by real-time PCR
Whole genome sequencing
The Inter-EURLs Working Group (WG) has been established by the European Commission with the aim to promote the use of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) across the EURLs' networks, build NGS capacity within the EU and ensure liaison with the work of the EURLs and the work of EFSA and ECDC on the NGS mandate sent by the Commission. The WG includes all the EURLs operating in the field of the microbial contamination of food and feed and is coordinated by the EURL for E. coli.
The EURL follows and take part in standardisation activities organised under CEN/TC 463 – Microbiology of the food chain and ISO/TC 34/SC 9 – Food products/Microbiology.
All standards are accessible from following website: https://www.iso.org/home.html.