Detection or enumeration of Campylobacter
- Enumeration, flow chart (PDF)
- Protocol for isolation, identification and storage of Campylobacter jejuni and/or Campylobacter coli for AMR monitoring
- How to make an initial dilution from vials (PDF)
- Instructions: Microscopy of Campylobacter (film, opens in new window)
- Preparation of caecum samples (PDF)
Identification of Campylobacter
- Protocol for identification of C. jejuni, C. coli and C. lari by gel-based PCR
- Protocol for identification of C. jejuni, C. coli and C. lari by real-time PCR
Whole Genome Sequencing
The Inter-European Union Reference Laboratories (EURLs) Working Group (WG) has been established by the European Commission with the aim to promote the use of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) across the EURLs' networks, build NGS capacity within the EU and ensure liaison with the work of the EURLs and the work of EFSA and ECDC on the NGS mandate sent by the Commission. The WG includes all the EURLs operating in the field of the microbiological contamination of food and feed and is coordinated by the EURL for E. coli.
EN ISO 10272-1:2017. Microbiology of the food chain - Horizontal method for detection and enumeration of Campylobacter spp. - Part 1: Detection method
EN ISO 10272-2:2017. Microbiology of the food chain - Horizontal method for detection and enumeration of Campylobacter spp. - Part 2: Colony-count technique
EN ISO 17995:2019. Water quality - Detection and enumeration of thermotolerant Campylobacter spp
NMKL 119, 3rd ed 2007. Thermotolerant CAMPYLOBACTER.
Detection, semi-quantitative and quantitative determination in foods and drinking water.